Self-Editing Course Bursary
Self-Editing Your Novel Course Bursary
With thanks to tutors Debi Alper and Emma Darwin, we’re able to offer a fully-funded place for an under-represented writer on our most popular tutored course – Self Editing Your Novel.
This six-week online course will give you all the self-editing skills you need to ensure your novel is as good as it can get, before pitching to agents, or self-publishing with confidence.
Every applicant for the Self-Editing Your Novel Course bursary will also be considered for a free annual membership to Jericho Writers!
We give out a minimum of three free memberships for each bursary course application – that’s a total of twelve free memberships – each year.
Previous alumni averaged an impressive 1-in-4 publication rate. Excited? So are we.
This online course runs four times a year and we take bursary submission applications throughout.
Bursary applications are currently closed.
To apply for a bursary place on this course, you must:
- Have a finished draft of a novel. This can be in any genre, for any age group. It can be a first draft, or a tenth!
- Be available for the dates included in the six-week ‘Self-Edit Your Novel’ course. If you are not available this quarter, please wait until submissions open for the next quarter to apply for the following course.
- Be an under-represented writer.
We describe an under-represented writer as one or more of the following:
- Having a low household income.
- Being black, Asian or from a minority group.
- Being disabled.
- Being a primary carer.
- Being an ex-offender.
Bursary applications are currently closed
Keep an eye out for our next bursary announcement on our social media pages!
You’re in good company
Applications will be considered based on both quality and need by the Jericho Writers’ team and course tutors. Applicants will hear back a minimum of seven days before the start date.
Discover Our Tutored Courses
Got a question?
Our Writers Support team will be happy to help!