Self-Editing Course Bursary
Self-Editing Your Novel Course Bursary
With thanks to tutors Debi Alper and Emma Darwin, we’re able to offer a fully-funded place for an under-represented writer on our most popular tutored course – Self Editing Your Novel.
This six-week online course will give you all the self-editing skills you need to ensure your novel is as good as it can get, before pitching to agents, or self-publishing with confidence.
Every applicant for the Self-Editing Your Novel Course bursary will also be considered for a free annual membership to Jericho Writers!
We give out a minimum of three free memberships for each bursary course application – that’s a total of twelve free memberships – each year.
Previous alumni averaged an impressive 1-in-4 publication rate. Excited? So are we.
This online course runs four times a year and we take bursary submission applications throughout.
Upcoming Course date: 22nd March 2022
Bursary Deadline: 28th February 2022
To apply for a bursary place on this course, you must:
- Have a finished draft of a novel. This can be in any genre, for any age group. It can be a first draft, or a tenth!
- Be available for the dates included in the six-week ‘Self-Edit Your Novel’ course. If you are not available this quarter, please wait until submissions open for the next quarter to apply for the following course.
- Be an under-represented writer.
We describe an under-represented writer as one or more of the following:
- Having a low household income.
- Being black, Asian or from a minority group.
- Being disabled.
- Being a primary carer.
- Being an ex-offender.
Applications for the March 2022 Course are open
Applications will be considered based on both quality and need by the Jericho Writers’ team and course tutors. Applicants will hear back a minimum of seven days before the start date.
Got a question?
Our Writers Support team will be happy to help!